OrganizationsSkip to the content

La Coterie Club

La Coterie was a club formed of couples from the First United Methodist Church, Orlando Florida.  They built a clubhouse on two lots adjacent to Lake Conway, land given to them by “Aunt Molly” Randall.

The Coterie Club held a housewarming party for their new club house on Tuesday 12-1-1936 and a photo of the attendees may be viewed here.  

The building was used for club meetings and other gatherings under the strict rules of the Methodist Church at that time, specifically no dancing or card playing and, of course, no alcohol.

It was built of heart pine and cypress and still stands today.

Twenty Years later few members used the clubhouse and it was mostly closed with all of the rocking chairs safely locked inside.  In need of some repairs, the James C. Robinson family bought the facility from the club in about 1956 and screened in the porch, made repairs and repainted it.  

To learn more about the clubhouse see The Brown Cow.

Back to top
TAGS: , , , ,
ATTACHMENTS

La Coterie Club
La Coterie Club holds a house warming party for their new clubhouse.  The date is December 1, 1936 and the club is...
There are currently no audio related to this memory.
There are currently no video related to this memory.
There are currently no links related to this memory.
Brown Cow

Read how the Robinson family's Brown Cow has served (and in turn been served by) the community over the years.


Leave a Comment