Concord Park Elementary School was truly a beautiful school …pristine white, bells in the towers, built about 1925, as Bertie Hunt remembers it from her school days and her beautiful photographs attest, there were many happy times. Bertie’s father attended the school and then Bertie. Mrs Morita Clark taught 5th and 6th grade. Bertie’s dad had her and she was there when Bertie went to the school.
She recalls her parents were always very involved in the school activities. Like the year her mother, Mrs. Rosa Martin, handmade flower May Day costumes for the first and second grade students. The lovely fairylike costumes were made of crepe paper all pastels & white.
Photo courtesy of Bertie Martin Hunt who is pictured first row, sixth from the left in the below third grade photo.
Concord Park Elementary School was located at 1010 West Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida 32804.
On August 31, 1964 Orange County Public Schools sold Concord Park Elementary School, 2.8 acres, to McNamara Pontiac for $250,000.
Ms. Taggert’s fifth grade class at Concord Park Elementary School are all smiles as photographer Alan Anderson takes the shot.
Mr. Anderson had the contract for Orange County Public School photos for about 25 years.
In this photo he captures the delightful innocence of the 4th Grade Girl Scout Troop at Concord Park Elementary School, circa 1950.
All of the above photos taken by Alan Anderson are courtesy of the Bertie Hunt Archives.
Mr. Anderson’s daughter, Nancy, appears in the above photo in the dark blue sweater.