The renowned Coliseum where Earl K. Wood and his wife, Mary, danced to the sounds of Big Band music many a night. Earl was voted best dancer at Orlando High School. His seat at the Coliseum was 17 B.
According to Orlando A Centennial History, the Coliseum formally opened on December 23, 1926 and the lake side of the building featured a large swimming pool.
Located on New Hampshire Street in College Park, part of the Coliseum building is still there, about a 100 feet from North Orange Avenue.